Registration Information

  • Parma City Schools implemented an appointment registration program for the convenience of families with new or previously withdrawn students from our district.

    • Parents/guardians must schedule an appointment to register their child/children for school. 
    • New resident students who are enrolling for the first time or students who have previously been withdrawn and are re-enrolling should follow this procedure.

    Please contact Registrar, Monica Jarrell at (440) 885-8796 to make an appointment. 

    The District does not accept out of district open enrollment.

    New Student Registration:

    If your child is entering grades 1 through 12 as a new student, beginning November 15, 2018, please call to make an appointment.
    If you wish to have your student attend school in a building other than your attendance building, an open enrollment form will need to be completed at the time of enrollment. Generally, approvals are made in March and this does not guarantee an approval. Spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and does depend on space and grade level at the requested building.  

    Kindergarten Enrollment:
    Kindergarten enrollment begins at our annual Kindergarten Registration event. Please see our Kindergarten Registration page for updated information on this event. 

    How to Enroll Students:

    • Only parents, legal custodians and/or legal guardians can register students in the district.
    • All documents required MUST be brought to the scheduled appointment.
    • All kindergarten students MUST have their fifth birthday on or before September 30 to enter kindergarten. 


    You will need the following documents to register your child:

    • A COPY of the child's certified birth certificate. Birth letters are not accepted.
    • A COPY of the child's immunization records.
    • A Photo ID of the parent or guardian.
    • If not married at the time of birth, a marriage certificate must be provided.
    • If married and have different last names, a marriage certificate must be provided.
    • In the case of parental divorce, the parent with legal residential custody MUST bring a CERTIFIED COPY of the court order awarding legal custody of the child.
    • If a custody change is pending, the non-custodial parent must present a dated, time-stamped copy of the court filing showing the motion for change of custody. The non-custodial parent is then given 60 days to present a certified copy of the final decree.
    • If the student has been in a Special Education Program then a copy of the IEP is required.
    • If the student had a 504 Plan, a copy is required.
    • If a student has been in a gifted Education Program then a copy of the WEP (Written Education Plan) or WAP (Written Acceleration Plan) is required.
    • Proof of Residency


    Proof of residency:


    • If the parent owns a home, a current utility bill.
    • If parent rents in an apartment complex (more than six units,) a COPY of the lease is needed.
    • If the parent rents a private home (up to six units) or lives with someone, 2 proofs of the following:
      • Telephone Bills
      • Utility Bills
      • Mortgage or Lease- mortgage statement, tax bill, or signed lease, must be current
      • Rental Payment Receipts- must include date of payment, address and name of renter, signature and phone number of owner
      • Copy of Money Order Payment Receipt- must have date, renter's name, be made out to owner of home and will be verified by auditor's site
      • Letter from Parent Employer Written on Letterhead



    For questions and additional information regarding registration for Kindergarten, please call the Student Services Department at:

    (440) 885-8796, (440) 885-8795 or (440) 885-8794