Issue 3 Information
ISSUE 3 - NOT A NEW TAX
May 7, 2019
Parma City School District is committed to providing the best education for every student in our three communities.
Funds generated from the renewal of Issue 3 will support important, high-quality educational opportunities and programs for students, help them to succeed.
PCSD has made much progress toward implementing the district's three goals:
Practice Fiscal Responsibility
- Reorganization plan reduces $920,000 in administrative personnel costs at Central Office, shifting funds to school-based resources
- PCSD has cut $23 million from the operating budget over the last three years
- Continuous oversight of finances from the Ohio Department of Education and assistance from Public Finance Resources, an independent outside organization
Increase Student Achievement
- Improvement in Gap Closing grade on the recent state report card from 'F' to 'B'
- More students earning college credit through Advanced Placement and College Credit Plus courses
- Four-year graduation rates increased for the second consecutive year
- Career and Technical Education students continue to excel, with 97% of recent graduates employed, enrolled in college or enlisted with the military
Improve Transparency In Our Communities
- Regular Town Hall meetings and Facebook Live events at least once per month, better connecting residents with the schools
- Master Planning for Strategic Consolidation meetings provide information and public input opportunities as the district develops future facilities plan