Panthers show Respect with Pawsitive Behavior
Thoreau Park Elementary will use a clip chart to monitor student behavior. A clip chart is a great tool that allows students to be rewarded for positive behavior while discouraging negative behavior. Each student has a clothespin, or clip, with his or her name on it. Everyone will start on Ready to Learn at the beginning of each day; clips can be moved up and down throughout the day based on behavior. Students will ideally make good choices throughout the day. If so, they remain on Ready to Learn of the clip chart. If students go above and beyond they may move their clothespin up the clip chart; if they make poor choices, they will be asked to move their clothespin down.SUPER STUDENT!
- The Super Student level is reached for outstanding behavior. A student who reaches this level will earn a special note home.ROLE MODEL
- Students can move to the Role Model level for continuing to display positive behavior. You should be very proud of your child for reaching this level.GOOD CHOICES
- Students will move to the Good Choices level for showing that they are making the right behavior decisions. Ending the day on this level is great!READY TO LEARN
- Every student will start the day on the Ready to Learn level. As the day goes on, clips can be moved up and down, based on behavior choices. This level is a good one to be on.THINK ABOUT IT
- A student will be moved to the Think About It level as a warning about his/her behavior. It asks them to think about their behavior and why it’s not correct; this is a reminder to slow down and follow the rules.TEACHER’S CHOICE
- Students who continue to display poor behavior can move down to the Teacher’s Choice level. Here, the teacher can decide what action to take. Loss of privileges such as recess or center time may be an appropriate choice. The student will also complete a behavior reflection sheet.PARENT CONTACT
- When a student moves to the Parent Contact level, the teacher will notify parents via note or phone call. A visit to the principal’s office might also be in order. Students on this level may also lose recess time, etc.