Title I at Ridge-Brook Elementary
Welcome To Title I at Ridge-Brook!
The Ridge-Brook Title I staff members are Mrs. Amato, Mrs. Blakley, Mrs. Myers, and Mrs. Tollis.
Our Title I teachers work with students in small groups on reading skills during daily PIE time (Prevention, Intervention, Enrichment) and Extra Support times. PIE time consists of a 30-45 minute period where students are placed into small groups that are practicing skills at their instructional level. Title I is utilizing the Reading Mastery program with our K-2 students. This evidence-based program helps students
master essential decoding and comprehension skills. Individualized groups will lead to student growth and success in the regular classroom.
HOW TO HELP AT HOME
- Let your child see you reading at home
- Make sure your child reads at least 10-15 minutes everyday!
- Read when you are driving in the car (billboards, signs)
- Take your child to the library regularly
- Make reading fun and exciting for your child
- Give books as gifts