The Ohio Department of Education now requires students to take the following assessments:
Please review the following resources for more information about these assessments.The Ohio Department of Education has set up a website called "Test Talk for Parents - Understanding Ohio's State Tests". You can also sign up to receive "Test Talk for Parents" updates through the ODE.For more information about the program, please follow this link:
- Math & English Language Arts for Grades 3-8 and High School (AIR)
- Social Studies for grades 4, 6, and high school and Science for grades 5, 8, and high school (AIR)
Ohio State Tests 2015-2016
Ohio's State Tests are the measurement of students progress toward Ohio's Learning Standards. They help ensure that every student in Ohio received a high-quality education. Below you will find updated information and resources about Ohio's State Tests and their impact on the Parma City School District.Some Quick Facts:
- Students in grades 3 - 8 and high school will take Ohio's State Tests in English language arts, mathematics, science and social students in the 2015-2016 school year.
- Each test will be approximately three hours (180 minutes) and will be divided into two parts.
- The Parma City School District is anticipating that all tests will be completed on a computer.
- School Districts will select either 10 consecutive days (for paper tests) or 15 consecutive days (for online tests) during the windows of dates allocated for the tests.
- Social studies and science practice tests are already available as well as blueprints within the test specification documents.
- Districts and schools will receive results by June 15 for grade 3 English language arts and by June 30 for all other tests.