Dentzler Mission & Vision
The Dentzler Elementary School vision, as an excellent school, is to become a collaborative learning community to improve student achievement. The excellence and rigor with which we pursue the fundamentals are one of the high expectations for all learners. We believe in meeting the needs of our diverse population via assessment, research, and data-driven instruction. The creativity necessary to construct innovative products and solve problems is fostered by our fine arts and physical education programs. To that end, we are committed to developing relationships with stakeholders to create a successful learning experience for all children.
To provide a safe physical and emotional learning environment that allows students to:
Statement of Beliefs
- Learn through discovery Develop critical thinking skills that enable them to become productive and contributing citizens.
- Demonstrate self-respect and respect for others.
- Practice effective verbal and written communications skills Become life-long learners.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- A positive learning environment requires participation and support from the home, school, student, and community.
- A school should motivate students to attain their highest level of academic achievements.
- Good teachers are vital to learning.
- Everyone is to have respect for all individuals and cultures.
- The achievement of an individual's potential is promoted by believing in oneself.
- Educational programs should foster the ability of students to become critical thinkers and productive members of society.
- Our future depends on the quality of today's education.
- Every individual has the ability to learn.
- Learning is a collaborative effort between the student and the teacher.
- School-sponsored activities that extend beyond the classroom contribute to the development of the total person.