Distance Learning Information
Learning Management System is Google
- Google Classroom
- Google Meet
- Google Educators Suite
District Webtools to engage students remotely
Online Learning (Teacher Led Instruction)
- Virtual Classroom instruction on Google Meet
- Teacher Pre-Recorded Mini Lessons on Google Classroom
- Collaborative standards-based instruction delivered at a specific time/location
Offline Learning (Independent Practice)
- Self paced, prioritized, standards-based, learning activities/resources that are assigned by PCSD teachers.
Completed assignments by students using Google Classroom
Offline Learning Work Expectations:
- Elementary: 1 hour of Literacy and 1 hour of Math per week.
- Middle: 2 hours of each instructional block (math, SCI/SS, literacy) per week and 30 minutes of each encore per week.
- High: a minimum of 2 hours of each subject per week according to individuals’ class schedule.
- Teachers schedule live/real-time, personalized targeted intervention/activities delivered by a teacher and at a specific/time location. Teachers will work one on one or in a small group of students with similar instructional needs. All sessions are prescheduled and shared each Monday for the upcoming week.
- Teachers have established office hours weekly for families and students to reach out and ask questions or schedule meetings.
- Teachers will share information each Monday regarding the schedule of learning activities and targeted outcomes for the week (e.g. live Google Meet Schedule and Learning Activities posted in Google Classroom). This can be in the form of an outline, “Week at a Glance”, newsletter, syllabus, etc.
- Remind webtool/applications (parents/students)
- Google Classroom (students)
- Google Guardian (parents)