Vision and Mission Statement
PCSD STEM Problem-Based Learning (K-7) Pleasant Valley Elementary School and Greenbriar Middle School
Prepare learners for 21st-century demands through an innovative trans-disciplinary elementary and middle STEM environment that immerses learners in real-world project-based experiences.
To empower and inspire a community of lifelong learners and leaders.
- Foster independent, self-directed learning skills
- Build collaborative learning and teamwork skills
- Construct a safe and supportive environment to challenge students of diverse ability levels.
- Develop critical and creative thinking skills (21st century) through complex and rigorous tasks.
- Capitalize on the student’s natural curiosity through the inquiry process.
- Use engineering to design solutions to real-world problems.
- Create opportunities for students to enhance learning through community partnerships