Special Transfer Requests
Special Transfer Requests are requests to transfer to another school within the district for the FOLLOWING school year. This transfer request application is available for any student in grades K-12. The application for a Special Transfer Request is open from March 1st - April 15th.
- Special Transfer Requests are based on space available, no fees owed, behavior and attendance considered.
- They must be unique, extraordinary circumstances: health reasons, course or program option availability, EDC/Daycare arrangements.
- Students who are served on an IEP are considered based on team agreement and final approval by the Director, Office of Exceptional Students.
- This is contingent on space and appropriate programming to meet student needs.
- Parents will be notified via email of acceptance after the application period ends.
- Families making a Special Transfer Request agree to remain at the requested building/PVLA for the entire school year (at least a one-year commitment) if the special transfer request is approved.
- Special Transfer Requests may be rescinded at the end of the school year due to behavior and/or attendance issues.
- Special Transfer Requests auto-renews each school year until transition, meaning the student ages out of the building.