Parma School of Choice: Open Enrollment (district residents only)
Parma School of Choice: Open Enrollment is an application to choose a school (other than your home school) within the Parma City School District for the next school year.
- The application period is from November 15 - January 15 and is only available for students currently in grades K-12 (not incoming kindergarten).
- Requests are approved based on the date of the application and space available, no fees owed, behavior and attendance considered.
- Current PCSD students will receive priority status.
- Parma School of Choice auto-renews each school year until transition, meaning the student ages out of the building.
- Students who are served on an IEP are considered based on team agreement and final approval by the Director, Office of Exceptional Students.
- This is contingent on space and appropriate programming to meet student needs.
- Parma School of Choice may be rescinded at the end of the school year due to behavior and/or attendance issues.
- Parents will be notified via email of acceptance after February 28. After notification, if new to the district, the parent/guardian MUST complete the pre-registration process by March 15. Students already enrolled in the Parma Schools DO NOT need to register again.
- Student-athletes enrolled in grades 9-12 should check with your school's Athletic Director about the potential loss of athletic eligibility due to the OHSAA Transfer Bylaw.
- Applicants MUST be residents of Parma, Parma Heights, or Seven Hills. PCSD DOES NOT accept open enrollment for out-of-district students.