OFCC (OHIO FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION COMMISSION) REPORT
In the fall of 2017, the PCSD engaged with the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission (OFCC) to complete an assessment of all district-owned properties. To view a brief summary of the OFCC report, click here: https://www.parmacityschools.org/Page/6599.
In January 2018, the PCSD then engaged with the Harrison Planning Group, who led Educational Visioning Workshops. These workshops included community stakeholder groups such as parents, students, teachers, administrators and community members. Topics discussed included lesson delivery, student achievement and structure of school buildings. To view more information about the Educational Visioning Workshops, click here: https://www.parmacityschools.org/Page/7873.
Later that spring, the PCSD submitted an RFQ (Request for Qualifications) for design firms in the area.
The design firm that will be guiding our district through the Strategic Consolidation process will be GPD Group (gpdgroup.com).
STRATEGIC CONSOLIDATION PUBLIC MEETINGS
We are excited to announce our Master Planning for Strategic Consolidation meeting schedule for 2019. We will use this process to seek input from our communities about how best to “right size” our district. Our partners from GPD Group will structure the input sessions around the following questions:
- What should your child’s school(s) look like? Include?
- What is the district doing well? What could the district improve?
- Strengths and weaknesses of our current school facilities?
- Share your perspectives on...
- Curricular and extra-curricular options?
- Transitions in a student’s K-12 progression?
- Tradition and pride of our three high schools?
- Walking distance for our elementary students?
- The ability to have a wide spectrum of LREs at each site?
- Maintaining some presence in all three cities?
- What grade levels are important to keep together? Separate?
- What partnerships could we create?
We will follow this schedule. Importantly, you do not need to attend more than one meeting per phase as they will consist of the same content, only in different locations. We encourage you to select the evening or day that works best for your schedule.
Phase One: Elementary Schools
Monday, January 14, 2019: Parma Park (6:30 P)
Monday, January 28, 2019: Dentzler (6:30 P)
Monday, February 11, 2019: Ridge-Brook (6:30 P)
Saturday, February 16, 2019: Parma Powers Branch Library (10:00 A)
Phase Two: Middle Schools
Monday, February 25, 2019: Shiloh (6:30 P)
Monday, March 11, 2019: Hillside (6:30 P)
Monday, March 25, 2019: Greenbriar (6:30 P)
Saturday, March 30, 2019: Parma Heights Library (10:00 A)
Phase Three: High Schools
Monday, April 8, 2019: Normandy (6:30 P)
Monday, April 29, 2019: PSH (6:30 P)
Monday, May 13, 2019: Valley Forge (6:30 P)
Saturday, May 18, 2019: Parma-Snow Branch Library (1:30 P)