College Credit Plus
College Credit Plus is a program sponsored by the state of Ohio in which students can take college classes that will count toward both high school and college credit. If you are considering participating in this program for the 2020-2021 school year you need to turn in the INTENT TO PARTICIPATE Form by March 31st, 2020.
CCP Informational Night
Thursday January 16, 2020
Parma Senior High School
NEW CCP STUDENTS:
Follow the steps below if you plan to pursue College Credit Plus:
1. Turn in PCSD Intent to Participate form to your school counselor by 3/31/2020.
2. Apply online to the CCP program.
3. Complete a Records Release Form and turn it in to the Records Clerk to send your transcript to the college.
4. Take the college’s placement tests (or the ACT or SAT) no later than early April. Check with college for hours/requirements.
5. Once accepted into the program, schedule a meeting with your counselor to complete the Authorization Form.
6. Make an appointment at the college to register for college classes BEFORE SCHOOL IS OUT IN JUNE!!!
RETURING CCP STUDENTS:
1. Request an updated High School transcript or middle school grade report once a year in the Spring after January grades are posted and send it to the CCP coordinator at your campus. Request transcripts from the records clerk, Ms. Nicklin.
2. Meet with your school counselor/ school approver to complete the Authorization to Attend Form online.
3. Once complete, you will be sent an email instructing you to make an appointment with your assigned college academic counselor to insure that the courses you have chosen will fulfill your degree or certificate requirements.
4. Register for your CCP courses online BEFORE SCHOOL IF OUT IN JUNE!!!