- 1/2 pound butter
- 8 ounces plus 6 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces caramel sauce (store bought is fine)
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter, flour and line a 9 x 12 pan with parchment.
2. In a double boiler, melt 8 oz. chocolate chips, unsweetened chocolate and butter.
3. In a large bowl stir together eggs, coffee, vanilla and sugar. Slowly whisk in the warm cooled chocolate mixture to temper. Be sure to go slowly in order to not cook the eggs.
4. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining chips.
5. Bake brownies for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. As soon as brownies come out, drizzle caramel and sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Allow brownies to cool complete before cutting.