Smokey Chicken Bacon Mac & Cheese
by Normandy Culinary Arts35 minutes | 15 minutes prepMakes 1 large casserole
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.2. In a large bowl mix together the noodles, bacon, chicken and cream sauce. Transfer to an ovenproof casserole.3. In a second bowl, mix together the Panko bread crumbs, reserved bacon grease and Parmesan cheese.4. Top Mac and Cheese with crust and cook in over until crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling. About 20 - 25 minutes.
- 1 pound of cooked penne pasta or noodle of your choice
- Cream Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled (save bacon fat)
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 1/2 cups Panko (Japanese) Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
by Normandy Culinary Arts30 minutes | 5 minutes prepMakes 1 1/2 quarts
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 3 cups of Chicken stock (or Milk)
- 3 cups of shredded cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup of Heavy Cream
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.2. Slowly whisk in flour to make roux.3. Once roux is finished, slowly add chicken stock (milk) to roux one ladle at a time, whisking to combine.4. Slowly whisk in cheese (1/2 cup at a time) until all is melted.5. Once cheese is melted, slowly whisk cream into the sauce.