- 8 chicken breasts (4 - 6 oz.)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, diced small
- 1 Red Delicious Apple, diced small
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 stalk of celery, diced fine
- 1/2 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup cashews, toasted and chopped fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once preheated, roast chicken until cooked all the way through, about 12 - 15 minutes. Cool and chop fine.
2. While the chicken is cooking, dice apples and store in a bowl of water with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. Toast the cashews in 350 degrees oven for five minutes. Cool and chop fine.
4. Combine chicken, cashews, apple and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Fold in the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard and granulated garlic.
5. Stir until all ingredients are well coated.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer salad to a large container and cool completely before serving.