VF Discovery Center Code of Conduct
Valley Forge Discovery Center Rules:
- Sign in by 3:00 pm.
- Tell the adult in charge before leaving the program to go anywhere.
- Sign out before going home.
- Valley Forge High School rules and consequences apply.
- Respect students and staff with your actions and words.
- Respect the property of others, the school, and the Discovery Center.
- Personal electronics, such as cell phones, iPod, etc. should remain in your bookbag or pocket and in the "Off" position, not just on vibrate or silent mode.
- Use appropriate language and voices.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
The Discovery Center operates with a Model of Progressive Discipline:
- First Offense/First Warning – Verbal consultation with the student (***exceptions listed below). The child may be removed from the remainder of that day's program depending upon the nature of the offense.
- Second Offense /Second Warning – Verbal consultation with the student (***exceptions listed below). The child may be removed from the remainder of that day's program depending on the nature of the offense. Parent/Guardian is called and the child may be picked up.
- Third Offense/Third Warning – Verbal consultation with the student. Parent/Guardian is called. The child is removed from the program for the remainder of the week, session or school year, to be determined by program staff depending on the severity of the offense.
- The Discipline Code may be altered at the discretion of the Administration.
***EXCEPTIONS: There is zero tolerance for bullying and acts of physical aggression towards staff and other students. Acts of bullying or physical aggression will result in suspension or expulsion from the Discovery Center at Valley Forge High School program and may also result in school disciplinary action.