Starting Kindergarten is an exciting time for children and their families! A smooth transition into Kindergarten can help set children on a lifetime course of achievement and success.
- Visit your child’s new school this Spring
- Establish a sleep routine that provides 10-12 hours of sleep each night
- Establish routines that support getting up and out for school each day
- Practice simple self-help tasks related to eating and toileting
- Establish household routines that limit TV time and maximizes active engagement with your child through talking, reading and doing
- Share your enthusiasm for the new changes related to Kindergarten and allow your child to share questions and concerns.