Preschool: 3-5 year olds
3-4 Year old room (preschool)
- Academic instruction takes place during the morning (8:20 a.m.-10:50 a.m.) in these two classrooms. During this time a "Co-teaching" classroom model is utilized, which means instruction is delivered by a regular education teacher and special education teacher in order to meet the needs of all learners in the classroom. Developmentally appropriate instructional activities in each room are based on the Ohio Early Learning and Development Content Standards.
The following activities are included daily:
- Learning activities related to emotional, physical, and social development.
- Standards aligned curricular activities in math, language arts, reading and social studies/science.
- Self-selected free play activities
- Conversation and manners/socialization
- Art activities
- Indoor and outdoor physical skill activities
- Snacks and lunch
- Toileting routine
- Afternoon rest period