The Parma City School District values and recognizes that parents are an important part of their child’s academic success. Research indicates that when parents are involved in their child’s education, children have better attendance, achieve better grades, learn strong social and behavioral skills that help them throughout life, and continue their education beyond high school.
In accordance with Title I, Part A, Parma City School District offers parents:
- District and school-level parental involvement policies
- Parent, Student and Teacher Compacts
- Materials and/or resources to help parents assist their child(ren)
Parent Training Opportunities at both the District and school level that includes the timely topics of:
- Common Core Standards
- State and local assessments
- The requirements of the Title I program
- Responsiveness to Intervention (RtI)
- How to improve your child’s academic progress.
- Literacy and Mathematics instructional strategies and components
Parent Right to Know:
Did you know that you have the right to know the qualifications of your child’s teachers and paraprofessionals?
You may request the following information:
- Whether the teacher has met the State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Whether the teacher received an emergency or conditional certificate through which state qualifications were waived;
- What undergraduate or graduate degrees the teacher holds, including the field of discipline of the certification or degree;
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and if so their qualifications.
PCSD Board Policy - Parent Involvement