In every grade, PCSD’s curriculum sparks curiosity and challenges minds.
From preschool through elementary school, we inspire students to love learning by mastering the basics as they begin exploring their own skills and interests.
In middle school, we carefully guide them through the transition from concrete to more abstract thought. Working in teams, our students learn collaboration, cooperation, and relationship building to achieve goals.
Finally, in high school, we help students reach for the next level of academic success, offering a wealth of AP courses, career and technical education, and a personalized college counseling process.
Our culture of high expectations and persistent effort, combined with appreciation of individual gifts, develops confident learners, eager to take on intellectual challenges.
- One-to-One Student Technology supports academic achievement and prepares students to be college and career ready
- First Step Preschool for students with and without disabilities to learn together in a supportive, inclusive environment
- Comprehensive services for students who are identified as gifted (Grades K-12)
- Special education programs for students across all disabilities (Grades PreK-12)
- STEM Elementary project-based learning (K-4)
- Middle School opportunities that include STEM, foreign languages, and computer skills
- High School options including 13 advanced placement courses, 13 honors courses, digital/virtual instruction, dual enrollment, flexible credit, STEM, and 18 career and technical education classes
- ABLE (Adult Basic and Literacy Education): Free year-round basic classes for adults in the following areas: GED Test Preparation, Adult Basic Education, English Language/Civics Education, and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Community Education: Classes for adults are offered to members of the community