I hope this finds you enjoying summer and spending time as a family. I want to share some important information as we prepare for an earlier that usual start to the school year. School resumes Wednesday, August 16. In preparation for that day, please note some important dates and information below:
- Shiloh’s school supply list can be accessed on the school web page at https://www.parmacityschools.org/Page/6052
- Packet pick-up will be held on Thursday, August 10 from 9:00am-3:00pm at Shiloh. Families are encouraged to drop in and pick up all the essential opening information and forms. All forms must be turned in the first day of school.
- 5th grade orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 15 from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Shiloh. This is an informal drop-in orientation. You are welcome to arrive any time between 5:30pm and 7:00pm. Families will receive schedules, lockers, team information, and be allowed to drop off supplies and store them in their lockers.
- Opening day for students is Wednesday, August 16. Doors open at 7:30am with classes starting at 8:05am. Be sure to have your child here by 7:45 so they are ready to start the day each day. Upon entering the building, 6th and 7th graders will check homeroom lists to find out where to report. Schedules will be distributed in homeroom. 5th grade students receive schedules at orientation the night before, but homeroom lists will also be posted if you miss orientation.
- Dismissal occurs at 2:55pm each day. Bus riders will exit the main doors. If you are picking your child up, please discuss with your child where you will be meeting them. Space in the east lot is limited. Most families choose to meet their child along Grantwood Drive or on nearby side streets. A crossing guard will be present each day to cross walkers and car riders across Grantwood Drive at the west entrance.
- 6th and 7th grade open house will be held at Shiloh on Thursday, August 24 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. More specific information will come in August, however there are staggered start times for open house.
- 7th grade families arrive at 6:00pm.
- 6th grade families arrive at 6:45pm.